Applications are now being accepted for the Transition Committee. Click here for a full job description, including important dates and timelines.
The role of the Transition Committee is to:
- Conceptualize, plan, organize, and conduct the “walk-about” process for bishop candidates and their families.
- Provide pastoral care and companionship to bishop candidates and their families before, during, and after the Electing Convention.
- Provide attentive pastoral care and intentional, generous thanks/gifting to candidates not elected.
- Conceptualize, plan, organize, and lead the consecration service and all related consecration activities in collaboration with the Standing Committee, and in consultation with the Presiding Bishop’s office, ECMN Missioners, and Bishop Prior.
- Plan a fun, celebratory going-away festivity for Bishop Prior and his family, as a way of gathering ECMN together to thank Bishop Prior for his kind and generous leadership of ECMN these past 10 years.
- Arrange for the bishop-elect’s smooth transition into ECMN: helping find a home, getting connected with schools, needed services, etc.
If you discern that God is calling you to serve on the Transition Committee, please complete this online application, which is due by May 4, 2019.
You will receive a response from the Standing Committee by May 14, 2019.