ECMN X Bishop Electing Convention
Saturday, January 25, 2020, 9am
St. Mark’s Cathedral, Minneapolis
God willing, the ECMN will be electing our next Bishop on Saturday, January 25, 2020 at St. Mark’s Cathedral. All clergy and lay delegates are invited to attend. Lunch will be served.
For those who are not voting delegates, the Electing Convention will be live-streamed on the ECMN Facebook Page.
Registration is now open. All Certified Lay Delegates and Canonically Resident Clergy must register in order to vote at the electing convention. Unlike annual convention, each delegate must register themselves individually. Additionally, registration has been split in two: registration for clergy and registration for lay delegates.
Click the link below to find all the details you need if you are a delegate attending the electing convention – from parking directions to the convention booklet.
The priority for all involved in planning this electing convention is that every part of ECMN is able to be present and represented on the 25th. To that end, decisions regarding cancellation due to a weather event will be made in consultation with the Bishop, Standing Committee and Transition Committee. Any decision to postpone the electing convention will be clearly communicated by 5:00 pm, Thursday, January 23, 2020. Postponement information will be sent directly to all registered voters and also posted prominently on this page.
If there were to be a major weather event on January 25th, please hold Saturday February 1st as a possible reschedule date for the electing convention.
What you Need for Election Day – Governance
Click the button below to better understand the rules and regulations that govern the election of a new bishop.
How to Prepare for this Convention
- Pray for the ECMN and the Candidates: for discernment, wonder, joy, and guidance.
- Make travel arrangements and book the necessary accommodations for voting delegates to be present on January 25. A delegate must be physically present to cast their ballot.
- Click here to review the slate of candidates.
- Encourage your whole faith community to follow the Search and Transition process: check www.mnbishopsearch.org to learn about the candidates, the dates and locations of forums on the Bishop Candidate Road Trip, and to receive other useful information.
- Plan to attend a candidate forum in person or online from January 13 – January 19. At forums, you’ll hear from each candidate about their faith, their vision, and how they think we might join the work of the Holy Spirit in the coming years. Click here to find the Bishop Candidate Road Trip schedule.