Save the Date – Bishop X Electing Convention
Saturday, January 25, 2020, 9am
St. Mark’s Cathedral, Minneapolis
God willing, the ECMN will be electing our next Bishop on Saturday, January 25, 2020 at St. Mark’s Cathedral. All clergy and lay delegates are invited to attend. Lunch will be served. Hotel accommodations are available at a reduced price for Friday evening, January 24 at the DoubleTree in downtown Minneapolis. Full details are below.
How to Prepare for this Convention:
- Pray for the ECMN and the Candidates: for discernment, wonder, joy, and guidance.
- Make travel arrangements and book the necessary accommodations for voting delegates to be present on January 25. A delegate must be physically present to cast their ballot.
- The slate of candidates will be announced on November 22. An email announcement will go out via this list, and details about the candidates will be available via email as well as on the ECMN Bishop Search webpage.
- Encourage your whole faith community to follow the Search and Transition process: check www.mnbishopsearch.org after November 22 to learn about the candidates, the dates and locations of forums on the Bishop Candidate Road Trip, and to receive other useful information.
Make plans to attend a candidate forum in person or online from January 13 – January 19. At forums, you’ll hear from each candidate about their faith, their vision, and how they think we might join the work of the Holy Spirit in the coming years. Candidate forums will be held on these dates and in these locations:
- January 13: Afternoon Forum, St. Christopher’s, Roseville
- January 13: Evening Forum, St. Paul’s, Duluth
- January 14: Evening Forum, Mahnomen, White Earth
- January 15: Southwest Mission Area
- January 16: Evening Forum, The Inn at Shattuck-St. Mary’s, Faribault
- January 17: Closing Celebration and Evening Forum at St. Mark’s Cathedral
Election Convention Hotel
DoubleTree Downtown Minneapolis
1101 Lasalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Group Name: Episcopal Church Electing Convention