ECMN X Bishop Electing Convention
Saturday, January 25, 2020, 9am
St. Mark’s Cathedral, Minneapolis
God willing, the ECMN will be electing our next Bishop on Saturday, January 25, 2020 at St. Mark’s Cathedral. All clergy and lay delegates are invited to attend. Lunch will be served.
Registration is now open. All Certified Lay Delegates and Canonically Resident Clergy must register in order to vote at the electing convention. Unlike annual convention, each delegate must register themselves individually. Additionally, registration has been split in two: registration for clergy and registration for lay delegates.
Hotel accommodations are available at a reduced price for Friday evening, January 24 at the DoubleTree in downtown Minneapolis.
DoubleTree Downtown Minneapolis
1101 Lasalle Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Group Name: Episcopal Church Electing Convention
Click the button below to better understand the rules and regulations that govern the election of a new bishop.
How to Prepare for this Convention
- Pray for the ECMN and the Candidates: for discernment, wonder, joy, and guidance.
- Make travel arrangements and book the necessary accommodations for voting delegates to be present on January 25. A delegate must be physically present to cast their ballot.
- Click here to review the slate of candidates.
- Encourage your whole faith community to follow the Search and Transition process: check www.mnbishopsearch.org to learn about the candidates, the dates and locations of forums on the Bishop Candidate Road Trip, and to receive other useful information.
- Plan to attend a candidate forum in person or online from January 13 – January 19. At forums, you’ll hear from each candidate about their faith, their vision, and how they think we might join the work of the Holy Spirit in the coming years. Click here to find the Bishop Candidate Road Trip schedule.